Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Tuesday - Cross Training

First: Sorry I am behind in my reading and commenting. Yesterday (Tuesday) I worked and then went straight to my moms house to help her with stuff. She is selling her house and it boggles my brain how *not* ready to sell it is.

Did not get home until 8:30 last night, did not get the littlest one to sleep until 9:30. Did not want to go outside to run at 10pm so instead I 'ran' on the Elliptical for 20 minutes (my scheduled run was 20 minutes easy). I watched one episode of BSG with a bit of hopping on and off so it turned into 50 minutes of Ellipticalling instead of the normal 45 minutes per BSG episode. Total calories burned 581. The 20 minutes 'fast' at the beginning really resulted in more calories burned. If I just do easy I usually do 400 calories in 45 minutes. I guess I should be happy that I started my excercise at 10pm instead of just crawling into bed like I wanted to.

Eating was A+ until I got to my mom's house then it became a F. Crap! I am trying to make my Monday's (like 2 days ago Monday) target of 183 by Saturday. I think I am screwed. Monday I was 185. This morning I was 185.8. Seems impossible to get to 183 by Saturday. I know I go up a pound on work days compared to at-home days even though I eat better while I am at work. I think it is because I drink more water and get dehydrated on the weekend and that makes me appear lighter on Mondays (weigh in day). How I loathe you Mr. Scale! I am regretting making that goal on Youtube (Saturday makeup test) . I am also regretting making the 8 week challenge goal of losing 6 pounds. I have yet to be successful at a scale challenge. Why do I do this to myself? Wah wah wah.

Anyways the rest of this post will be whining free! One of my co-workers wants to start power walking at lunch so that is pretty cool. I even brought my chest strap for my HRM so I can see how many calories I burn. I am such a nerd. We are supposed to go today but if it is pouring rain I might not be to into it since my coat is not waterproof. We'll see how hardcare I am.

Thanks for all you comments. It really makes blogging fun.

3 comments:

Fatinah said...

ha - I'm manic about wearing my heart rate monitor when walking or running outside - I always joke with my friend - if I can't have the EXACT stats it is like the exercise didn't exist!!

Deborah said...

What's with these blasted scales? Mine aren't showing a loss this week and I've been right on track.

Just ordered myself a HRM yesterday. Can't wait to play with it. I just love new gadgets, think I may be a nerd too?

Marissa said...

Way to go on getting in your workout even though it was late!!

That's awesome that you have a lunch walking buddy now!! Fun, fun, fun!!!