Saturday, May 31, 2008

Me Too!!

Sauchagirl posted today talking about how she is changing from doing her Body For Life training to training for a half marathon. It reminded me that I am training for a half marathon too. How could I forget? Well, I am just pre-training right now. My 'official' 16 week plan does not start until the 23rd of June but that is coming up fast.

Yesterday I journaled my food in my book and online. I ended off the day at 1628 calories. Not too bad. I'll be happy with anything from 1500 to 1800 depending on how much excercise I do any particular day. If I were to join WWs they would want me to eat 24 points which is about 1200 calories. I am just not willing to do that.

So yesterday out of curiosity I joined SparkPeople to see how the food journalling compared to Fitday. First off the bat it suggested a weight goal of 150 by February 2009. That made me think a little bit. Right now I am 186. Apparently a website thinks I have 36 pounds to lose and maybe they are right.

Does anyone belong to Weight Watchers online? How do you like that food journalling? I like Fitday because I have had it so long I have pretty much all my food entered in there. I only wish it would count points for me :) I would kind of like to take a peek at their member website but don't want to give them my credit card to do so.

Journaling Streak: Kept a food journal since May 29th: 2 days
Calorie Streak: Day 1 of 8 planned of being under 1900. Next 'rest' day Sat. June 7th.
(my Fitday Journal is here)

Streaks are kind of cool. When they get long enough you really don't want to break them. My husband used to have a running streak. However, that meant he did some 20 minutes runs in some pretty small circles on canoe in campsites in summertime. Hahaha.

4 comments:

angie nicholas said...

cool we will keep each other challenged. Today will make 7 days no pop for me. so I have 3 more days to go. I know you can do it. Looks like things are going good for you. I will be making a video soon.

angie nicholas said...

ya I may go back to just calories though cause the chart doesn't show up all the way on my blog. And its too much work. I know I won't be able to keep this up once the baby comes. How do you like Sparks people so far. I am on there as well under the same name as youtube. going to switch back once the baby is born am using babyfit right now by the same people. hope your having a good weekend Angie

sarah sundae said...

Lately I've been just writing down what I eat and not doing it online. But I love sparkpeople. I do have weight watchers, too, but haven't used it in a long time.

Deborah said...

I do the WW online and don't go to the meetings and well, you've heard me complain about them, so I won't go there again here. I liked the food journaling really well but recently they have removed some of my favorites, why would they remove foods on their list? One of them was redued calorie whole wheat bread and I had to search and search to find another one that had the same nutriition.

I am surprised about them suggesting a goal for you at SparkPeople. They didn't for me. Must be my age.

So what's your SP name, I'll look you up?

I'm so proud of you writing down you food intake! You go girl!