So I am not doing any vigorous excercise today. It kind of feels weird but no doubt it is good for me. I did walk for 52 minutes at lunch. My HRM said I burned 359 calories which is better than just sitting at my desk surfing the net right?
I am seriously toying with the idea of rejoining WWs. If I do I *must* make myself journal and stick to my points like the rest of you bloggers do. I have joined so many times I am not sure if I have any WW mojo left in me.
I was reading the comments on Deborah's blog and Fatinah suggested that if you dont' eat half your activity points you could put your body into 'retention mode'. I wonder if maybe that is what is happening to me because lord knows I am whipping up a lot of activity points. I feel like I am eating to many calories but maybe I am not. How would I know if I don't journal? However, I really struggle to journal my food. My journalling never seems to make it past 4pm (when all the trouble happens)
My problem in the past was also that I did not really know how to count my activity points so I would generally just ignore them. What to do, what to do...
Baked Southwest Turkey Meatballs
18 hours ago

5 comments:
We all need to give our bodies a rest from the vigorous exercise so don't feel guilty.
Sometimes we have to be "joiners" to be "winners." That's what brought me back to WW this time. I really needed someone to be accountable too besides myself (and Cara). So, if you must, you must.
Isn't it great to have blogger-buds with good advice?
I was wondering the same thing - if you were burning through too many calories for your intake. Have you ever figured out what your resting calorie requirements are? There is a name for it...base metobolic rate or something like that? you could very well be functioning on a net calorie intake of 7 or 8 hundred calories to keep your body going.
Meanwhile - I go to WW in the NW....
oh, and write your shit down girl!!! no matter the program (well, except core) you need to journal!! ;-)
Deborah: Yes it is nice to have blogger-buds with such good advice!!! Thank you!
Fatinah: I don't really know what my resting metabolic needs are. I just wing it! Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't and that is why I am still working at it a year later. Bah!
Today I am going to journal my food and excercise on paper. I'll start by just writing it down and worry about figuring out the points later. Its a start.
you "southerners"! Where is far north for you - 16th ave???? HAHAHAHAHA
Post a Comment