Thursday, May 8, 2008

Thursday

Activity for today:

Walked home from the dentist. Probably 3K I'm guessing. 45 minutes.

Ran 'hilly' for 20 minutes as per my running schedule. Just as I stepped out the door it started snowing like crazy. I was only wearing a t shirt under my running jacket and my running jacket is no longer waterproof. Cold forearms! Brrrr. But I did it. 258 calories. Avg. HR 183. Max HR 178.

Did 45 minutes on the bike trainer. 419 calories. Avg. HR 142. Max HR 160.

Journaled my food today complete with points. Ate 31.5 points but earned 11.5 activity points.

Personal training tomorrow.

Hey Fatinah. I talked to the trainer from X weighted on a radio call in. I asked him about doing Elliptical. Pretty funny eh! He said that he would rather see people do things involving using their body weight and core muscles and things that would make them stronger in their normal life. I asked him If I do that twice a week, and run, if it was a good idea to just hop on the Elliptical to burn calories while watching TV. He seemed OK with that... I had never called in to a radio show before so my voice was all quivery. :)

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Sounds like you had a very productive exercise day. You go girl!!

Fatinah said...

I can't BELIEVE you TALKED to Paul!!! He's weird about the elliptical hey?

Journaling food rocks. I can't believe you made it through the whole day - good for you!! I find if I keep my book close to me I tend to write stuff down right away. Did you find it easy to do once you decided to do it?

Holy - you talked to Paul! Too cool.

11.5 activity points? Yowsers! I was ready my week 2 Get Moving WW book and it said we should aim for 4 a day! Funny!!

Marissa said...

Great job on the exercise!!

I like to do the elliptical every now and then (maybe once every couple of weeks) just to rest my knees a bit but I just find that it's really hard to get my heart rate up and keep it up when I'm on the elliptical.

Heather said...

D: Thanks!!! :)

F: Ya. It was pretty weird. I have never called in to a radio show before so I thought I would tell a producer my question but all the sudden I heard the host say my name and I was all flustered :) My husband has seen him at bike races in the Edmonton area. I think he lives up there.

Heather said...

Marissa: Very true about the Elliptical. The only way I can get my heart rate up is to either move my feet really fast or make the resistance hard. I can burn more calories and do it more days if I keep it easier though. It is a big dilemma. I talked to my trainer about it though and as long as I still do high intensity stuff and just use the Elliptical as 'extra bonus excercise' then it is a good idea.