Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Wisdom from other Bloggers:

“You can’t out-train a bad diet”
from
kettlebellguy by trboh
(http://kettlebellguy.com/blog/?p=384)

"I am ready for a new start. During my talk with Dave this weekend he said “You can’t out-train a bad diet”. For some reason those words have hit me in the face. I simply must get a handle on my eating and it starts now. "


So true. I try to do this all the time. Just burn more calories excercising and stick my head in the sand with respect ot how many calories I am eating and hope for the best...

NewSarahSundae is choosing not to step on the scale for a month.

http://newsarahsundae.blogspot.com/2008/05/operation-no-scale.html

"Operation No Scale

That is what I’m going to call it. Operation No Scale. For the next month I am getting rid of my scale and I am not going to weigh myself. Why? Because it only seems to bring me heartache when I step on it. Like this morning. It said I was up 2 pounds which really upset me because I’ve been working really hard for the past few days. "

What a good idea. I am going to aim for 10 days. Stay off the scale from tomorrow (I looked this morning) until Saturday May 24th. That might even scare me enough to make some progress.

3 comments:

sarah sundae said...

Oh yeah!! No scale for 10 days. I'm still doing my 30 days. I hope it lasts!! Lets do this!!

Fatinah said...

you know, every trainer, nutritionalist, yada yada I've EVER talked to has said that success is 80% diet, 20% exercise. Usually we all just end up with awesome muscles UNDER the layer of fat! HAHAHA

10 days without the scale - awesome idea...

Fatinah said...

you know, every trainer, nutritionalist, yada yada I've EVER talked to has said that success is 80% diet, 20% exercise. Usually we all just end up with awesome muscles UNDER the layer of fat! HAHAHA

10 days without the scale - awesome idea...