Monday, May 12, 2008

Sunday Run

I took Saturday as a rest day. What the heck? Two rest days in one week? We went to the big city to the north so that husband could do a bike race. Thats right, a bike race on Mother's Day. He asked me to go about 6 times so I knew he really wanted to go. We actually had fun and the hotel that we stayed at was mostly empty so we got to change our room to a suite for half the normal price of a suite. The kids slept on the pull out couch in the living room and hubby and I watched a 'still in theatre' movie in our separate bedroom. That is the life! (we don't get much time away from our kids, can you tell?)

Sunday I did my run after the race. (I tried to get out of it but hubby made me). Run started out at the bottom of the valley by the river and I ran straight up hill for about 7 minutes and the run continued to be uphill for a total of 20 minutes. Yowzers! I was going slow but I was moving. I felt very strong. All in all I ran 45 minutes straight. 483 calories, Max HR 196 (I think that must be a mistake), Avg HR 153 (yep, I must have been running slow).

On tap for today: Personal Training and extra cardio.

5 comments:

Deborah said...

Sounds wonderful, staying in a suite. I've never done that.

Glad you got your run in (way to go hubby for pushing).

Marissa said...

I love watching those 'still in theatre' movies in hotel rooms!! You get to see a new movie but you can be all comfy in your jammies sipping wine...it's perfect!!

Awesome job on running uphill for 20 minutes!! Holy smokes!!

sarah sundae said...

Rest is always good for your body. About 4 years ago was when I was working out 6 days a week (running all of them) I took a week off to go on vacation and lost 4 pounds.

Keep up the great work!!

Heather said...

Thanks guys! :)

Fatinah said...

I always love going to a hotel. glad you had fun!!