Monday, May 26, 2008

Saturday, Sunday, Monday

Saturday: 3 year olds Bday party. Eating included: tray buns from Safeway + deli meat, small piece of cake. Then we drove 3 hours north so that husband could pre-ride his bike race. We got to our hotel at 7pm and ordered food in. No excercise for me.

Sunday: Bad, Bad, Bad. Next time we go to an overnight race trip we must plan ahead and bring safe food. At least I got my run in. Ran 10 & 1s for 56 minutes.

Monday: Trainer workout. Much unhappiness as I was made to go up to 8% grade on the bike and then do some intervals. I think I called my trainer a b*stard I really need to do some extra cardio later. I can feel my middle puffing out in an unhappy tire-like manner. These past 2 weeks have not been good on the eating front.

Challenge to journal my food for 7 days: Well, tomorrow will be day 2 again (should be 4). Saturday, Sunday I did not journal away from home. I guess I have never heard of that new invention called the pen and paper... I have been eating very badly today. Blah!!!

6 comments:

angie nicholas said...

hey Heather. Ya I have Williams bag ready but still have to figure out what I need to bring with me, We had an ultra sound today and he is head down and sitting low. I am prepared that he could come early or late. I would like him to come in the next four weeks. Wouldn't worry too much about your eating. You'll get it back. Also when I go to my parents I bring a paper journal with me and write down what I eat and my thoughts about the weekend and how the eating went. I can't always get online and even if I eat crappy it helps to see it on paper then update my journals when I get home

Fatinah said...

you are so funny!

you really should buy a little book and a pretty pen to keep in your purse. It WILL make a dif to have all of the facts in front of you when you're reviewing your journals....I actually bought a spiral agenda from Staples and I fill in every day. Even when I eat crap. I notice that I don't write neatly when I've eaten, say, my body weight in Singapore Noodles and Dumplings...but at least when I'm up that week and astonished (because I've blocked out the noodles) I have the 411 when I look back.

I'm quite impressed that you did 56 minutes of running. Holy noodle batman!!

Oh, ya - my family's favourite - and I mean FAVOURITE - meal is - wait for it....spaghetti with sauce out of a can!! No joking!! Meanwhile, the lamb turned out! I hadn't cooked it before and husband wasn't home to bbq so I put it in the oven. Husband & daughter assured me that it was tasty. Who knew??

Deborah said...

Hey, it was a holiday weekend (in the US at least) and today it's over so now you can start anew. Remember we're not all perfect. But do get back to journalling. You know it helps, I don't have to tell you that. And fatinah had a good idea with the little book and a pretty pen for when you're on a trip.

SeaBreeze said...

I color-code my food log. Good things that I am proud of are in gel-marker-green and everything else that is mediocure is in a standard black or blue. Also, helps if you put some kind of mark for the days you worked out - as they tend to add up quickly.

I'm a tad obsessive lately and use both my pen n paper journal as well as an online one, because I am trying to sort out some nutrient deficiencies.

SeaBreeze said...

Side Note, I got tagged with a meme and I am passing it on to you. Check out the rules on my blog.

http://thegymismynewbf.blogspot.com/2008/05/tagged.html

Fatinah said...

25th High School Reunion!! Sadly, I did not graduate at age 12!!