Monday, March 31, 2008

I'm a little bit afraid of my right knee...

So, the first time I went to the gym on my holiday I think I may have injured my knee.

Trainer gave me a workout routine to follow and I think the culprit was either one of two things

Suspect #1) Hop up and land on both feet wide appart on a step then do a squat. Well since I was not at home I used a Reebok step that they use in step aerobics, but instead of using just one step I used two steps on top of each other... Dumb but I somehow thought that one of them did not look as high as my steps at home.

Suspect #2) Standing lunges with a knee drive. These suckers have hurt me before but not quite like this.

So, my 'inner quad' muscle hurt to touch for about 3 days and now it feels weird when I bend my knee (like getting down on my daughter's matress on the floor.

Hopefully I am just being paranoid and this will disappear quickly. I did not run at all on my trip. I am scared because I really can't afford to screw up if I want to run a half marathon in September.

Things to know about me: I worry a lot. I am Chicken Little.

It is 4:30 and I have not worked out yet. Shame on me since I did not work today.

No comments: