Friday, June 13, 2008

Thursday Run

The schedule called for a 20 minute 'hard' run. Husband was away and I got home at 4:35. I could have skipped it (since there were black clounds and I had seen lightning) and it was my only opportunity to run before I had to get the kids but I gave it a go and got it done. It sprinkled on me a little bit but when I got home there was not a black cloud to be seen.

I tried to run 'hard' keeping my heart rate in the 160s (170s would be puke-tastic). My pace averaged 6:54 per km. I started out at 6:30s and gradually slowed down. Hopefully at the end of my 16 week training program I will be able to run somewhat faster.

5 comments:

Fatinah said...

wow - that sounds like a great run - you're very fast!!

We had hail last night around the time you were out running. Sure got nice later in the evening!

I'm so impressed that you went when it would have been very easy not to. You rock!

SeaBreeze said...

Good job slipping in the workout. Thanks for the advice about the nuts, normally I am all about them as an extra source of protein. Unfortunately, on the Jillian Michael's experiment they are on my "less than ideal" list of protein sources. Looks like I'll be eating more Tuna and other fishies :D

sarah sundae said...

Awesome job!!

angie nicholas said...

good for you for going. I know how easy it is not to want to do something even when it needs to be done. Angie

Heather said...

thanks for the comments everybody! :)