People, I am a disaster. Eating has been a F- for 3 days now. The prospect of weighing on Monday is not scaring me. Tuesday I was so stressed that I ate no fewer than 8 pieces of bread in on sitting. WTF is that?
I am not even enjoying running. Could the Garmin be the culprit? Is knowing how slow I am actually running depressing me? Quite possibly yes.
Husband is suggesting that I stop using it for a while and only use it for my long run if that. Husband also thinks I should give the fall half a pass and maybe just do some local 10 Ks.
Ug. Mojo, come back to me!
Baked Southwest Turkey Meatballs
18 hours ago

3 comments:
sorry your having a tough time I know you will get back on track. keep working at it. Angie
poor you. if you're finding the weigh in with trainer is having opposite effect - then call him right now and tell him you won't be doing that. You know, I did a work competition that completely derailed me. I couldn't take the pressure.
I'm sorry that you're worried about your speed when running. Is your heart rate up? If it is, then you're running fast enough. The garmin has trainer features to help you get your speed up to help you work on that. I think they call it the virtual trainer.
I've always just concentrated in elevating my heart rate and finishing the races I run, so I can't really relate to what you're going through (I guess I'm a classic under-achiever - haha). Husband may be right, maybe put it away for a bit till you find your mojo. Where could you have put that mojo???? Check the back yard?? ;-)
I'm "running" the LA Weight Loss 10k during Stampede if you're looking for a short run to run......
OH No! Don't give up. I'm sure it's just a bad week. If you think you're not going to do it, it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. Try your runs without the Garmin for a bit and maybe it will help.
How many miles a week are you doing? You can salvage your 1/2 Marathon plan. :D
Post a Comment