So, scary lack of excercising going on around here.
Tuesday I was supposed to do hills but husband had a work thing. I think he got home at 8:30 and by then I had rationalized that I would do my Tuesday run on Wednesday and my Thursday run on Friday. I did easy Elliptical for 45 minutes and it was not as easy as it used to be. It was not hard but I did not burn as much as I used to.
Wednesday husband has his regularly scheduled night time thing and I have to take the kids to soccer. I had planned on doing my run before soccer but before I could tell husband that he asked if he could go do his workout before his evening thing. OK I say and tell him that I had thought to run before soccer. He says he'll be home by 8:30 and I can go then. It clouds over during soccer and I start to make excuses in my head. Husband does not come home until 9:30 and I am not going out for a run then.
So now it is Thursday, I am supposed to go out to dinner with some work friends. This *never* happens, like really. I can't remember the last time I went out with friends to dinner. Seriously. Like maybe 5 years ago? Anyways, I have brought my running stuff to work. I figure I will go to the Y and do my run, then shower up and meet the girls for dinner. That would be a victory.
This is a bad start to my half marathon training but I will try not to dwell on it.
One of my blogger friends has been in labour since Monday. Poor girl. I've been thinking about her and checking her husband's blog constantly. Hopefully today will be the day. (Labour has started and stopped a number of times but this time it looks like it is going to happen). Good luck Angie!
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
mmm, where are you going for dinner??
That would be so frustrating! Good idea to get your run in at the Y before dinner.
The best laid plans...and all that stuff. Hope your evening with the girls is fun.
I've been checking in on JP's site several times a day too. And he's finally here!!
Post a Comment