Thursday, June 5, 2008

Fuzzy Bunnies and other Things.

Yep, I stayed under 60 minutes of Internet yesterday and I'm doing pretty good today. I've mowed the lawn, trimmed the giant hedge, got the garbage and recycling ready for tomorrow. I am trying to work really hard because I am supposed to be working doing 'paid' work and I sent the kids to daycare and stayed home to get crap done. I made a list and am trying to get stuff off it. I was kind of paralized with freaking out over stuff I have been avoiding like the plague. Stupid stuff like balancing the bank account, submitting benefit claims that are approaching a year since the date they were incurred.

Anyways... I just know that I spend too much time just doing nothing on here. I like to blog sure, I like to read blogs but when they are all read I find myself sitting here mindless reading crap like PerezHilton TMZ when I am surrounded (literally) but piles of stuff that should have a home. Really, my desk is almost always a disaster zone. I have a 'craft' room that I don't craft in. It is not too too bad but I have not upacked since I went away on a Scrapbooking retreat in March. Seriously. I have not printed off photos for possibly a year. I have not backed up my photos either (that's on my list of things to do). Imagine the freak out I would have if I lost all my photos?

I am trying to get as much done before going to get the kids and I want to do my half hour hilly run in before getting them too. Husband has been away for a week so I've been single parenting it. There have been some bad moments. (Yelling at the top of my voice "Stop Yelling!!!!", where is the logic in that? The 3&5 year old angels just laughed at me and they were right.)

My Food Jouraling streak ended yesterday. I'm OK with that. I will start another streak tomorrow. Sometimes I need to just have a day when I don't think about weight loss. Truly it drives me bonkers to be constantly thinking about it every hour of the day. What I should really do is sit down, write out exactly what I am going to eat for the week. Print it off and then follow that. Takes the thinking out of it. I'd just have to follow instead of think, how many calories do I have left... what can I have?

One more day until the second to last episode of BSG. Fatinah: I read somewhere that the other 10 episodes won't be airing until sometime in 2009. Stupid show!

In other news I scared this little cutie when I was weed whacking. Don't worry, I didn't whack him. He is so tiny, must have just left his 'nest' No mama anywhere to be seen but I'm pretty sure that is normal. We have these Jack Rabbits all over our neighborhood. You can't go 10 blocks without seeing one. This guy was smaller than a Guinea Pig.


5 comments:

Fatinah said...

Good Lord - I could have written this - I have some of the same "to-do's"!!

Deborah said...

Well, you've exhausted me. And I thought I was doing good to get the dishes done. Whew!!

Got the same problem with paperwork. My hubby was so organized and always filed everything when it came in and, well, I don't. I wait until it is a pile I can't see over and then have at it.

Now, let me ask you this, does the limited 60 minutes if Internet mean all of it or just the non-blogging end of it? I surely spend double that just posting and reading the other bloggers. I would only get half way through my friends if I limited it to 60 minutes.

Sounds like a plan to plan a weeks worth and not have to worry about it for a week. I hate the constant thinking about the calories and wondering what I can still have for the rest of the day too.

Have a great weekend!!

Heather said...

Deborah: I was talking about 60 minutes all in. I find that I nowonly read a few 'key' people's blogs. Don't you feel special?

I am also part of a YouTube weight support group and those videos are a bad time-eating-up culprit especially ones that are longer than 5 minutes. I was spending hours watching those. I am subscribed to 156 people on there. That is a lot of videos to keep up with and I just should not even try. I will probably just watch my favourite people even though that is not very supportive of me.

I am not saying that other people should limit their Internet use either... just that I was ignoring real life things that should not be ignored. Like really I should pick up the crap lying around on the floor and sweep the kitchen floor before spending hours on the Internet. I am by no means a neat freak but lately I had gotten very lazy with respect to even basic household chores. Like right now. I was in the middle of picking all the clean laundry up off my bedroom floor where I sorted it but alas... I migrated here where I am typing. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! :) :) :)

angie nicholas said...

hope your weekend is going good. And your getting lots accomplished. I know what you mean about you tube videos taking up time. I am trying to cut back on my time on there. I do read a lot of blogs too but am lost without them.

sarah sundae said...

I seriously need to cut down on my internet time.