Monday, June 23, 2008

Hi Farha!

I got an email from a Youtube blogging friend and she had some questions for me so here are my answers.

Can you describe what the program of your personal trainer-twin (hihihi!) is? or how he adapts it to you?

Well, most often the personal training is 15 minutes of cardio then about 35 minutes of free weights and ab excercises, lunges, or squats. He usually has me two sets of each excercise with 15 reps each. He always pairs two things up together so that I am never resting. For example it will start out with pushups and then up and down the stairs carrying 10 pound weights, then pushups again and stairs. Then on to something else. Generally we do a chest exercise, a bicep, a tricep, a back, a leg (walking lunges or squats or hopping on a stair and landing into a squat type of thing) and various abs. It is always different every time which is cool.

What significant difference do you notice for your muscles when you run on the treadmill, run outside, use the elliptical? Do you think we can replace running outside by running on a treadmill? It would be cool I think sometimes....

I cannot remember the last time I ran on the treadmill. I don't have one at home and I really dont' get to the gym. I have thought of getting one though but where to put it? I already have an Elliptical in my living room :)

Do you think that training for a half marathon and a half Ironman triathlon is an unconscious way to schedule time for yourself out of these busy family responsibilities? I don’t think so, but if this is the case, why not, honestly, who would blame a person for challenging herself, for doing sport, and wanting a healthy lifestyle? No body.

Most definately! I didn't do too badly after 1 kid. I even ran pushing him in a stroller starting at 3 months. But after the second one I did nothing for myself excercise wise and gained a lot of weight. Part of that was that I had some problems with my feet and hips after the second one but a lot of it was just being devoted to being a mom and not thinking of myself.


Woaw ! This Hazel is awesome!!

Absolutely! One of her best qualities is that she is not afraid to try things and does not give up even when things look impossible.

Here in China they have an expression to encourage people. It‘s like: “go! girl” or “you can do it” you know this kind of things. They say “JIA YO” it literally means “add oil”. They say it all the time (especially that now they are now preparing for the Olympics) “JIA YO”. So I tell you “JIA YO” from China….You can do it, YOU WILL DO IT!

Thanks! I really appreciate your support!

No comments: