Friday I had personal training. Trainer took me out for a 15 minutes run (we always do 15 minutes of cardio at the beginning but usually it is on the Elliptical or bike trainer). He got me to run faster which was good. He did this by running slightly ahead of me instead of with me. When he does that I seriously feel like a pet who is out on a walk with their master. It is pretty funny. It does work to get me to go faster but I don't kill myself trying to keep up with him.
Saturday I was back at my mom's house. I realize that helping her get her house ready to sell has made me very angry and stressed. It is screwing with my diet but it will be over soon I hope. I am angry because my mom has just turned 60 but is so out of shape that she can barely go upstairs without needing to sit down afterwards. She has heart disease, and type I diabetes. Both of these things contribute to her ill health. Her ill health makes her need help with this whole house selling thing. Of course I want to help my mother but deep inside I am angry. Anyways, on Friday when I got there I ate a bunch of cookies at her house (like 7). Yesterday as I took another one I actually looked at the nutritional info. They are 100 calories each. Seriously. Another stress has been that my husband was away for 10 days. He came back yesterday so that is stress lifted off me.
I did not excercise yesterday. That was not planned. It was because of spending the day working on my mom's house. Today I am up early planning to do my 'long' run. I also want to make a food plan for the week today. I do not dare step on the scale. I am also going back to my mom's house today. My sister and I are going to go there tomorrow too for the whole day and do as much as possible then leave the rest to her. I hate getting into the situation of parenting my parent. Reminds me too much of growing up.
Baked Southwest Turkey Meatballs
18 hours ago

5 comments:
I'm so glad you are helping your mom. Remember she helped you from cradle 'til you left the nest.
I'm sure it makes you angry that she isn't taking better care of herself but you have to remember we are all different and sometimes people just want to take the easy way out. Sometimes they feel sorry for themselves and just don't want to try to do better. You just keep being a good example for her and if she doesn't come around to doing the same for herself, I'm sure that she is really proud of what you've done to be healthier.
And STAY AWAY FROM THOSE COOKIES!!! Did I yell loud enough for you? Could you hear me all the way down here in West Virginia?
I know what you mean about parents. My dad is almost 70 and my mom is in her 60's. My mom had hip surgery last yr and also has diabities. Although they are trying to change there habits I think for some it is hard to do. I know when my husband and I go to visit we almost have to tip toe around them because they are so set in their ways. they eat at certain times where as for us we eat when ever we are hungry whether that be at 11 at night or not. Anyway it is nice that you are helping your mom out. you'll get on track with things and planning your meals sounds like a good idea. I eat generally the same things every day so I find that meal planning doesn't work. take care and hope the stress dies down soon Angie
Your trainer's pretty smart...that's a good way to increase your speed. When I had a running partner, I was the same way...under no circumstances could she get even a little ahead of me. Yeah, I'm pretty competitive.
I am glad you're helping your Mom. I know it can be stressful, but she needs you.
*hugs*
I am due June 22 I am hoping i;s sooner I have the awe full taste in my mouth again and am not feeling to hot. The not feeling so hot is cause of the heat. Ya it's hot it's 25 degrees still and it's 10:25. Hope your doing well. Are we gonna see a video soon?????? I will be making one hopefully tomorrow. Take care angie
Post a Comment