Tuesday, June 10, 2008

125 Days Left

Apparently I have 125 days left until my fall half marathon (my second one ever, the last one having been 6 years ago). Exciting times!

Two of my close running pals are out of commision. One with a broken leg and one with a cranky knee. My third friend had an excellent kid-free evening out Saturday night so that left me with no running partner on Sunday morning. So instead of running alone I decided to go to the Running Room and hook up with their run club. I was glad I did.

I was a little nervous because I have felt like a really slow runner lately. There was a 10K clinic doing a 8K long run and that sounded like a good idea so I went with them. They had 4 pace options and I chose the slowest one (being scared that I was so slow and all). Turns out I could definately have run with the 3rd group but I had a nice run and it was quite easy. I had done that run about a month ago and this time I felt much stronger so that made me happy :)

In other exciting news I am going to do my first ever triathlon in July. I'm going to do the sprint because I like the idea of a 5K run instead of 10K. I might do a second one in August, not sure though because that one involves travel. I had made a goal to do a triathlon but was waffling on it. It will be good to actually do it.

In even more shocking news my husband signed me up for a *BIG* race next June. Yep, I am signed up for a Half Ironman triathlon. Again it is far enough away that it is not a scary idea. When that race comes along I will have been on my health and fitness quest for 2 years. (having been inspired into action by my girl Hazel)

So at run club on Sunday I ran with this group leader guy (older guy) and he said he was going to go do hills on Tuesday (today). Great! I said I would meet him. Now today it is frigid and pouring rain. I wonder if he will be there? I will show up. If I say I will meet you for a run, I will be there. I would love to do that run today. I hope he is there because I don't want to go by myself (simply because I would have to run through some isolated spots to get there). Kind of silly when I am (kind of) afraid to run there myself yet am willing to go run with some man that I just met. Silly girl!

7 comments:

Marissa said...

How freakin' awesome are you?? You're totally freakin' awesome doing a half ironman!! So cool!!

angie nicholas said...

I agree awesome that you are going to be doing the ironman. looks like you have a lot of training ahead of you. hope that the rest of your week is going good. I spoke to my Dr today about exercise and he said depending on my delievry I could start a week or two after the baby is born. But will play it by ear. might just work on the eating and getting used to having a baby first before I worry about the other.

Fatinah said...

half ironman? you're my hero!!

sarah sundae said...

WOW! Keep up the great work with the running! I'm so jealous.

angie nicholas said...

hey I just wanted to let you know I tagged you on you tube. hope you do it. Angie

Deborah said...

Wow, a half marathon this year and a half marathon/triathlon next year. You Rock!!

Hope your hilly run goes well and he shows up.

SeaBreeze said...

That sounds like a great goal. Good for you both! I still have to sign my room mate up for the 8K I am doing in November.

Here's hoping your hilly-run is a go this afternoon.