Friday, June 20, 2008

What have I done?

You know how sometimes you say something and it sounds like a good idea when it comes out of your mouth, then some time later you think. Damn, I am not going to like doing that!

Well today at lunch I was talking to a co-worker about possibly doing Jenny Craig because I just like the idea of having all my meals planned for me and ready to go. My biggest problem is that I don't grocery shop regularly, don't plan ahead, then find myself after work with nothing to eat and in goes the processed crap.

Anyways, this coworker was talking about the fact that she thought the key to sucess was being accountable to someone once a week on the scale.

I have not been accountable lately. I have not been saying on this blog what I weigh. I have not been saying that the scale has being going up and up. I have not been saying that I have not been journaling my food. Etc.

Well I though about Jenny and WWs and how they both could be a way to be accountable on the scale. But I have done WWs before. I have bought up weeks worth of coupons and then stopped going when I know I've done badly and watched those prepaid tickets expire at the end of the year. But you know, the thing about WWs is that those scale ladies do not know me... they do not notice if I don't show up.

But you know who does know me? You know who does see me every week? You know who I would be embarassed to step on the scale in front of? Have you guessed what I regret doing?

I just finished my personal training session with my (28 year old, male, superfit) trainer. My run was horrible. HORRIBLE! I was dying and I was going so slow. So right near the end I say to him... "You know what might work, humiliation. Maybe I should step on the scale every Monday with you"

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!!! What have I done? This is going to suck. But maybe, just maybe it will kick my ass enough to finally get rid of the extra fat I carry around. I have been working out too long to not be seeing results. It all comes down to the eating. I know that. But now I have gone and said something I immediately regretted. But maybe it will help.... Argh!

4 comments:

SeaBreeze said...

I will post a pic of tomorrow's session and some of our other ones. My mom was on a trip recently and got to see 11 black bears up close and we kayaked with Humpbacks in Hawaii.

Fatinah said...

OMG! I can actually feel right now the sense of panic you must have felt as soon as you said that!

You know what though? It might work. Next time you eat, you may say to yourself "I'd better write that down, cause I need to weigh in with "Dude X"". Or, you may say, "hmmm, I will have two veggies tonight and only 1/2 cup of rice cause "Dude X" is coming Monday....."

This could be the kick in the butt you need. You're exercising like crazy. You deserve to have your eating plan on track also - see the results of your hard work.

sarah sundae said...

OH WOW! I think you have more guts then me!! But I hope it works for you!!

Deborah said...

Yiiiiikes!! You've got guts. Or is it hoof-n-mouth desease? You know, though, it just might work. Sure hope so!!