Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday

Well, the weekend away could have gone better. The Energy Vampires (aged 5 & 3) sucked the life out of me and by the time husband got back to the hotel Saturday afternoon I wimped out and did not excercise. Sunday was not condusive to doing my run while away and when we got home, again I slothed out.

I had my personal training today so that is good. I had thoughts of making up my Sunday run but alas, husband has a work thing and won't be home until who knows when tonight. My mom had her first day of work today. Yes, that's right friends that know me. I said my mom! The job she applied for back in February finally worked out. Sooo.... no dropping the kids over there and going for a run. Also, the boy has soccer tonight until 7:30. Oh well. Maybe I could got out at 11pm. Ha Ha. As if!

I am supposed to do hills with some people tomorrow but that is not looking likely since husband has a work thing again tomorrow. If my mom was not working I would try and get her to help then. We'll see.

Edit:

Just thought I would add this for Fatinah. Here is a photo of my husband at his race. And just lookey who he is riding beside. Can't recognize him? He is a certain Albertan trainer, first name Paul. Pretty hilarious. I had no idea when I snapped this. I was just trying to get my husband.

4 comments:

Fatinah said...

ok, I looked over that training program, and um...ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME?????????

Meanwhile - holy noodle - the dude that thinks the elliptical is the devil!!! Did your husband realise he was keeping pace with a famous person???? I'm so impressed!!!!! First you talk to him on the radio, now your husband rides with him...
Oh, and can you say you slothed when you've spent a day with Energy Vampires? I think not!!

Deborah said...

Ditto, Fatinah's comment.

I'm sure you got plenty of exercise with the "vampires," just not structured the way you wanted it. But exercise just the same.

Hang in here.

SeaBreeze said...

I hate it when the ankle biters take away from structured running. I'm sure you'll work in activity, even if its not what you had originally planned.

Are you loving your personal trainer? I am currently debating whether or not I want to try one for 4-6 sessions in August.

sarah sundae said...

To answer your question about the race and ear plugs-no I won't be wearing them (although some might) because I will have my scanner headphones on. Can't wait!!!!