So we spent the weekend painting the upstairs. We got the hallway done and one wall of the Livingroom/Diningroom. However, we made a big change and brought the Elliptical out of the 'workout room' and put it in the Livingroom. Now, the workout room is basically a bedroom off the main floor hallway. Why move an ugly piece of equipment into the Livingroom? Well, there are plenty of times when the kids are playing with their toys in the Livingroom when I figure I can get some easy cardio (just burn some calories) excercise in. The kids can't play in the workout room (it is too small etc.) so this way they can play or watch their kiddie shows while I burn up some easy calories. This is not a permanent change... this is an I'm sick of trying to lose this 20 pounds, lets attack it with excercise change.
So, yesterday I went to the workout equipment store to get a new mat for under the Elliptical (old one was too grody for the Livingroom) and on an impulse I bought a BOSU ball. Well, man that is crazy what mr. trainer can do with that. Everything was *so* much harder. Hoo Ha!

Old color of walls on left. New colour on right. This is my 5 year old trainer imitating my 28 year old trainer.
5 comments:
It looks and sounds like you are having fun.
that picture is too cute!
like the new colour!
I was actually in the process of falling backwards off the thing. So much for my abs! :)
I'm taking a stroke improvement class and my whip kick is so weak it doesn't actually propell me forward - teacher "suggested" I practice!
Ooooo . . . . I love the new colour! (Yeah, I know, not the point of the post, but still!). Great idea on the burning extra calories. Also setting a great example for the kids on staying active. Love the new toy as well - great idea to "kick it up" a notch!
Post a Comment