Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye 2008

Well,

2008. Hmmm.

My hope for 2009 is that I will be a whole lot more positive. This is totally against my nature. I wonder sometimes what has shaped me into the negative thinker that I am. My mother is uber (annoyingly) positive. My father is a grumpy bossy man. Apparently that parental combo can produce a worrywart-glass-half-full kind of gal. Wow, that was totally random.

So, I am not where I thought I would be at this point. I have been slipping of the fitness and health front for several months now and 12 months ago I was a lot lighter. But I am not going to dwell on that.

I am going to attempt to foil my inner negative voices and as Angie Nicholas likes to say, surprise everyone.

Bring on 2009!

4 comments:

angie nicholas said...

hey thanks for the mention. I am in the same boat as you are for the weight loss. I will check into the nike plus thing more thanks for the info. hope you had a good New Years. Lets make 2009 a year of changes, I need to change my negative thinking also. Happy New Year. Angie

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

Happy New Year and welcome to a brand new, never used year.

Some people just like to do the same thing over and over every time they get a nice clean new year.

You could make this one into whatever you want it to be.

Good luck.

Terry

Brightcetera said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR, Sparky!!!

LOL...good DNA :)

I never woulda thought you were less than positive.

Deborah said...

I think one of the most important concepts in life to help us through the negative times is to not linger on the past. So, don't linger on the past year and don't worry about it. It is over!! Today is a new day and a new year!

I've been guilty of that too the last half of the year but NO MORE! I'm not going to think about it (after I post about it that is) anymore. I'm just going to look forward and do that with a smile in my heart.

So, here's to a new outlook in 2009 for us all!!