OK. This is it kids. 5 months to go until the race that I am signed up for. Thats right people. The freaking half Ironman triathlon. 2km (1.25 mi) swim, 93 km bike (58 mi) then 21km run (13 mi).
Already I can feel myself making excuses. Negative self talk. Talking myself out of it.
I went for a run today with NickieChickie. It was not a huge success. After that I was sure that doing a half ironman in June was a very bad idea.
On the drive home I called up my husband and said:
me: If I wasn't already signed up for this race would you still say that I should do it?
him: yes
me: I have lost so much fitness. I feel like I am at square zero
him: you probably are.
me: but I can still do it?
him: yes
me: *sigh* OK.
So that's it. 5 months of crazy training ahead but in the end it will be something to be proud of. In the meantime I am not going to obsess over the scale or my eating. One thing at a time. If I show up on that day the same weight as I am today, so be it. Though I am confident I will be shedding at least 10 pounds of this extra insulation and maybe 20 if I'm lucky. However, that is not going to be my focus. I am not going to do things that are blatently bad (hello junk food!) but if the scale does not move so be it.
I know if Dinograd or Hazel were in my shoes they would get this job done so I'd better hop to it!
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
I so hope you don't talk yourself out of trying this. You are going to feel like you can do anything when you hit that finish line.
Something tells me your husband knew exactly what to say to you. Wise man, and lucky you. :0)
you can do this Heather take it one day at a time. if you need to focus on your training then so be it. the other stuff will get done when it needs to. And no talking yourself out of this either. your husband is right you can do this. Angie
Fatinah: I won't run away from this one. I am signed up for the race ans so is hubbie. Now I just have to stay on target.
Angie: If only I listen to him. Too often I rebel.
Angie: My biggest stress is my kids. They can be little hellions but very sweet too. I have actually caught myself eating after being stressed out by them so I know it is happening.
I'm glad to hear you're going to soldier on & do it!
You can SO do this!
I am certain you'll get it done. It may be helpful that hubby is doing it too as he knows what you'll need for training.
I need to be more positive about things too. It's a subtle change when I get stressed out, but the "I'm fine" tends to linger.
You are amazing!! I would never think of even trying something like that!
Hey hope things are good. Yah I can't wait to get it either. I hope that I can do every thing in the videos. will sure try. Angie
Post a Comment