Friday, December 12, 2008

Thursday Workout

OK people. I skipped a workout. *gasp*. I instead I spent the day doing as much Christmas shopping as possible and had hoped to be 100% done. I got everyone done except my husband and the stuff I have to send to Santa to put in the stockings *winkwink*. Then I rushed back to pick up the kids from daycare. Dropped them at home to husband. Rushed to the grocery store to get fruit. Rushed home to cut up the fruit to make a fruit plate and then rushed to the daycare for their Christmas party. Then when we got home at 8:15 (45 minutes past their bedtime) we zoomed out to buy our tree because the radio kept blaring all day how the high on Saturday is going to be -23C and that it was going to start snowing the next day. That -23C with a -40C windchill is exactly why I was buzzing around trying to finish off Christmas stuff. Brrrrrrr.

Anyways... that is a lot of excuses but I am OK with missing my workout since I got so much done in other areas of my life.

Now, today's workout is 45 minutes running. I would really love to leave work early and get running before the footing all goes to hell. Can't really do that though. Hope I don't fall on my hiney later tonight in the dark. Wish me luck!

Oh ya, and I can't wait to go out in high heels and nylons tomorrow night in -23. Thats going to be c-c-c-c-cooooooold! Husband's work Christmas party. I am going to eat the dessert since it sounds very tasty and fancy and such quality things only cross my path once in a blue moon! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, I accidentally "rejected" your comment on my blog. Crap! I really appreciated it, though.

Second of all, I think you should post a pic of you in your heels & dress. I would love to see that. hehe (not that I don't think you would look great, I just see you as a "real" woman & fitness guru & not one of those dress-up/coctail party women that seem to be more than common where I live...they kind of make me want to vomit a bit...hehe)

Fatinah said...

oh, you so should post a picture of you all dolled up!

My husbands party is tomorrow night in Banff - doesn't look like we will be going 'cause of all the stinking snow!! I'm bummed......

angie nicholas said...

I agree with the other two we would love to see a picture have fun we have been having cold weather here too. have a good weekend and try and be good at the party Angie

jinxxxygirl said...

I too only try to splurge on the 'quality stuff' . If i'm not absolutely in 'love' with it i won't waste the calories. HHmmm let me know if it was a GOOD dessert! It would be nice to see you all dressed up. Show us how all that fitness pays off woman! Hope you didn't fall running. Living in Texas my chance of running in the snow is pretty slim. But you never know. It usually snows at least once for us. Deb