Thursday, December 4, 2008

Why I love Thursdays

I love Thursdays because on Thursday I feel athletic. I have a regularly scheduled bike class so there is no skipping it. It is my 'date night' with my bike and we head out of the house to spend some quality time together.

Last week the class had a different instructor who insisted that we keep our cadence (revolutions per minute AKA how fast you pedal) at 90 RPM which made the workout super hard. Previously the workouts had not been super challenging and my style had been to push hard gears in a slow manner. I would generate lots of power but as it turns out spinning your legs faster in an easier gear is a lot of work. This week I kept it to 90 RPM again and got a super workout. Yay! Now to muddle through the other 6 days without slacking off :)

Out of the 3 sports in triathlon I really like the bike best probably because I am best at it over the other 2 things.

My right foot is still not right. I have to be so careful to wear shoes *all the time* and I wear running shoes to work. Very Sexy! I just hope the darn thing will hold out through the next 6 months and get my to my Half Ironman. I just I should be thankful that my left foot is A-OK.

5 comments:

angie nicholas said...

hope your foot is OK what happened to it. good for you on the workout keep it up. You'll get it. have a good weekend Angie

Brightcetera said...

WOW! I have respect for you!
90rpms is hard tokeep up...I've tried :)

Deborah said...

I laughed out loud at the comment about spending some quality time with your bike. :o)

You'll be ready for the triathalon, I'm sure. Just keep up the good work.

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

Glad you got the additional challenge that you need from the different instructor. Every instructor is different.

Terry

Fatinah said...

too bad you couldn't have come (even though what you're doing is WAY more important!) - it would have at least been an opportunity to wave at each other!! maybe next time!