Saturday, December 6, 2008

Friday Workout


Cats like My Little Ponies too! Maybe the plastic smelled yummy to her?


Friday ran for 40 minutes with Nickiechickie. We headed down to the local riverside park/pathway.

Although we started at 4:30 it was pitch black when we got back to our cars. We saw a few too many men walking alone with no dogs. Ok, there were maybe only 3 or 4 but enough to make you wonder why exactly they were in a park at dusk with no pets and no workout gear. Ewww? Maybe I am just imagining things.

It was nice to run with a friend. So much better than trudging along solo in winter time.

Today daughter has her dance recital. Hope you have a nice race Fatinah and Seabreeze! My next running race will probably be St. Pattys 5K (or 10K) and then mabye the 5K at Policemans. I don't know that I would actually want to train to do the half in April since I have my Half plus plus in June. Hazel is suggesting I do the hypo half by running the first 10 then walking the next 11. In the middle of Feb. I dunno. There is a reason it is called the Hypothermic Half and I am not a fan of frigid nose and toes.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Brightcetera said...

At the park where I walk, men just sit in their vehicles & never get out to enjoy the park. My gutter mind thinks they're all enjoying themselves :)
They're probably only trying to get a quiet moment away....hopefully

Anonymous said...

Something smelled fishy last night, I have never felt so uncomfortable as I did last night running with you. Very weird.

When I got home and had an epsom bath, today I am walking upright! Yeah!

I would be up for another run with you, maybe next time we go during the day.

Fatinah said...

I'm actually trying to decide if I want to do the hypothermic half myself....my friends are walking it - but that is just too efin long....you have a great idea - running 10 and walking 11. You're brilliant! The whole reason I'm still thinking about it is that I found out there is a brunch after. How sad is that??
We had great weather for the Shuffle - even though it was freezing rain at my house when I left....and I did a good time....but you'll have to read about that when I get off my as* and do my post!! Can't wait to hear about the recital.

Oh, and you're right - those men sound icky. Icky, icky, icky. Good you weren't alone.

Deborah said...

You should take along pepper spray next time you're out running at night. That would have freaked me out big time.

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

This issue of security is so important and I am glad you had someone with you.

My concern would not be with the men you saw, you can avoid them or you could handle them if you saw them approaching.

My big concern is with the ones you did not see.

Both my wife and mother have been victimized, my wife in our own driveway and my mom at the grocery store parking lot during the middle of the day.

You must always be on guard.

The down side to this is that any man walking through the park starts to look like some molester, and that is not the case.

It gives middle aged guys a bad rap.

Terry

Heather said...

Normally we would not have gone running there in the dark.

We were kind of taken by surprise that it got dark so quickly. I guess that is winter for you. We won't make the same mistake twice.

Just one more challenge of running in winter... trying to find a nice place to run in winter evenings.

SeaBreeze said...

Don't think too much about the males in the park. Maybe it is part of their walk home from the office? Maybe they are on their way somewhere and want to reduce their carbon footprint. It was only 430PM after all...

As for my race. It rained. I still finished it. I think it made me want to run faster as I feared for the safety of my ipod and cellphone.