Thursday, September 18, 2008

Thursday

I think I finally have my 'new' routine nailed down with respect to which days to work etc. I thought I would hate it since I am not working 3 days in a row like I used to but it turns out that every day I work is like a Friday because I don't have to work the next day.

My oldest is now in kindergarten every day in the morning. My littlest is in preschool Tuesday and Thursday mornings. So Tuesday I meet my trainer at 9:30 and Thursday I have a chance to run in the morning. The only challenge will be to do weights /core on my own on Fridays after work.

So, it is 12:24pm and I have already done my run. Yippeee! I did a 15 minute slow easy warmup run then ran 3 hills (each take about 2minutes 40 seconds). I decided to wear my HRM but only turn it on for the hills. I was surprised that my average was only 165 since I am gasping for air by the end of it. My max was 180. I did not do a cool down since I was worried about getting home

I also walked the kids both ways to school again today instead of driving. Each trip is about a mile of walking. I'm thinking of getting the pedometer that Little Sheree told me about but first I have to find the comment that she left telling me which one it is. Hahahaha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Sounds like you have a plan that will fit in with your life (and not the other way around). Glad to hear that the work schedule is working out as well!!

angie nicholas said...

I used to hate working one day and then off the next working the other. glad it is working for you. sounds like doing good with the workouts. hows the eating going I am going to have to check out that challenge. loves the biggest loser. have a good weekend and thanks for your support as always means a lot. Angie