Dino had to bail on our hill run but Nick and I met up anyways. We both had sore legs from our various lunges and squats and other excercises that we'd been doing this week so we decided to skip hills and just run for 30 minutes instead.
It was a balmy 16 degrees which felt downright summer like. We ran after dark and had a good old time yapping about this and that. I did not even start my watch. I am kind of anti-gadget right now. I have not been watching my heart rate, calories burned or distance. My Garmin is lying neglected, battery dead on the top of my dresser. It is nice not to worry about my stats.
In the back of my mind a little voice is crying out "Why, oh why did you sign up for that half Ironman??" Shut up little voice. It is 8 months away. Surely I will be ready by then... :)
PS. Sarah Sundae: Yep, my legs are still hurting. Not sure if it is from the tough workout my personal trainer made me do Monday, or me doing my own workout yesterday at home on legs that were not fully recovered but lowering myself to sit in my desk chair and walking down stairs is pretty stiff and a little bit owie. Just a little bit, not a lot. Honestly I like that kind of owie. Makes me think I'm doing something right.
Thursday, September 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
ugh - I can't imagine running without my Garmin. Even walking the dog, I wear it. I need an intervention. I always joke to my walking group - if I can't write the exact time, distance & calories the workout doesn't count!!
nice to see you doing it without the gadgets...it means that you are doing it out of LOVE not because you HAVE to...
that's my opinion anyway...you should be able to do it without that stuff, it helps you get in touch with your body more...so I have heard anyway :)
Keep up the hard work...I wish I could be running and getting rid of my paunch!
awesome training :)
It was a great run last night! Thanks for coming over.
I totally love that feeling, too!
Keep up the great work!
sounds like your doing well. keep it up. its nice at times not to worry about the numbers right now for me thats whats keeping me going have a good weekend and its been cool here at nights too
thats a great picture of you!
Good job on the running. 8 months is a good target for preparing for the marathon. You can do it!!! I know you can!!
Post a Comment