Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Dear Running,

(noon on Tuesday)

Dear Running,

I'm sorry I always abandon you when life gets bumpy. I'm sorry that I get wrapped up in wanting to run farther and faster and get discouraged when that does not happen.

I need to remember that you are not just about burning away unwanted extra inches from my middle. You are about being outside and enjoying my surroundings and enjoying being able to do it.

Today my life is busy. I will have two hungry kids waiting for me after work who need my time and attention but after they go to bed I *will* go runing. I will not worry about how far or how fast I go. I might get soaked in the rain, but I will run, because I like to run and because I like making myself stronger.

I will prevail over energy vampires and post 8pm zombie-ness.

I will run.

Once I press "Publish Post" I won't have a choice :)

Love,
Sparky

Edit:

8:50pm. Mission accomplished. My legs were dead from trainer workout yesterday. I was wearing a very loud jacket borrowed from husband. It was 8 degrees C / 46 degrees F but no rain. No music in my ears. It was quiet and dark outside and I was not scared of the dark. I'm glad I went.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee. You make me smile! You may have even inspired me to run tonight in the rain (rather than take the easy way out & go to the gym).

sarah sundae said...

Oh I like that.

Deborah said...

Cute, very cute.

angie nicholas said...

I like that to. I think I need to do something like that with my eating which has been crap. good for you for going running.Angie

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

That was a motivating post. You proved the power of the blog.

Today's word verification is
qwuwhkns

Marissa said...

That's so motivating! I love it!

SeaBreeze said...

This post is fantasticly accountable, uplifting, and honest. I adore it on so many levels and it reminds me also of those New Balance commercials.