So much for enjoying not having a plan. I have an 8K race which is 4K straight uphill (mountain) and 4K downhill in 6 weeks. I want to be stronger for that because right now I'm a weak little kitten and I don't want that hill to kick my ass.
Therefore Coach/husband has given me a 6 week plan.
Here is what I have to do for this week:
Wednesday: 20 minute run (hard effort, no slacking)
Thursday: 4 hills (running)
Friday: Do total body weight/core routine sans trainer.
Saturday: 40 minute 'Adventure Run'. No neighborhood. Go somewhere cool and cross-country-ish if possible.
Sunday: Bike
Game on!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Good thing the uphill is first.. take it easy on the uphill.. the downhill is the easy part :)
Best of luck on your race!
make me proud :)
Good for you. If I know I have to run hills I ALWAYS do the uphill first, figuring that I can make up time on the downhill. That being said, I'm sure it more mental than anything else. Who wants to end their run trudging up a mountain?
Great plan. You're gonna kick royal butt on that 8k, I just know you are.
sounds like a good plan. I will have to plan my workouts for this week And ya corn on the cob 155 I did a google search for it. it's my fave we got some fresh off a fram from one of our neighbours. have a good one Angie
Post a Comment