Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday

Today was scheduled as 40 minute 'adventure' run. I ended up going to a park downtown and running the D-Fir trail. That was a crazy trail! It is single track with some stairs thrown in. I did walk many of the steep stairs and 2/3 of one giant hill. For some reason in my head I thought that if I ran 40 minutes it would only take me 20 minutes to walk back on the flat pathyway below. Huh? Ya, I know, pretty silly. It was a loooooooooooooong walk back. I ran the entire thing one way and then walked back for what seemed like an eternity.

I did wear my HRM.

Run: 41 minutes - 518 calories
Walk: 50 minutes - 350 calories.

Lots of calories burned for sure. It was nice in there. I should walk it sometime. It would be a great workout even walking.

2 comments:

Fatinah said...

well, that was a productive Saturday!! What an awesome run!

Shelley said...

sounds like a great workout! way to go!