Hmm... what to do... what to do...
I am not on a workout schedule right now which is kind of nice. My training for my half ironman triathlon will start during the first week of November leaving me kind of 'free' right now to do what I want.
Anyways... Saturday I did half an hour of Elliptical while watching episode 1 of season 2 of Heroes on DVD. Since then I have watched a bunch more episodes while not excercising (bad girl). Sunday I took the kids on an outing in the morning until early afternoon. Ms. Nickiechickie called me up at 5:30pm to see if I had done my 'long' run yet. I had not and so we met up to do our 'long' run.
Our long run was 45 minutes straight. I had very negative thoughts in my head the whole way because seriously, it was a struggle. Boy oh boy it it ever easy to lose fitness FAST. I have an uphill battle ahead of me to get me to comfortably do the half-iron next June. My, oh my!!! Part of me wishes that I had not signed up but Hello! I did sign up so enough snivelling already.
Maybe I should get on my bike today. That is what I will do. I will bike today.
Personal trainer tomorrow.
I like what Angie posted about the BL eating plan. It seems pretty simple except for having protein at every meal and snack. Sheesh! That is a lot of protein-eating and would require being organized to have said protein on hand for consumption. Hmmm.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I too hate the first run back from not exercising for a while. Always feels like I am running through Molasses. Good for you for having a plan for your 1/2 Ironman training.
hey thanks for mentioning me in your post. it does seem like a lot of protein right now I am working on getting it into my meals and then will worry about the snacks again another time.
I'm still so impressed that you're going to do a half-Ironman...wowza!
Post a Comment