Its not a dry heat. Man. Good thing there is a pool here. The humidity in Ontario is bad. Any advantage of coming down to 'sea level' is definately lost in summer time.
I went for a 5K run this morning but did not get up early enough. It was H-O-T! I think it was mostly the humidity that was killing me. Tomorrow I am scheduled to do a 14K run. I think I'll try to get up at 6am to do that. I am going to run from my dad's house, towards 'town' into the country and then over to the next 'town'. The funny thing is growing up Town#2 was really far away. Apparently it is not as far as I thought it was. Weird.
The 1am flight here was brutal. I spent all of Thursday trying to recover and fell asleep a few times in my dad's armchair. Ooops! I guess that's what happens on only an hour of sleep when you are no longer in your early 20s (or early 30s for that matter!). Needless to say I missed my Thursday run. Oh well!
Baked Southwest Turkey Meatballs
18 hours ago

5 comments:
Sounds like you have a plan Sparky. I laughed at your childhood memory. I can remember living across the street from my elementary school. It seemed like such a far walk to the front doors of the school. When I went back there as an adult, I noticed the school doors where probably 400 feet away from my front door. I thought "They moved the school closer!!" LOL LOL LOL
Keep up the awesome work!
Sheree
Good job for getting the run in - I know how hard it is when you are on holidays! Let me know how the long run went . . . .
I am really lucky here in Ohio these last few days. The weather has been beautiful. Low humidity, sunny skys, low humidity. Perfect summer weather. But, I know from experience that will change.
Terry
Hope the humidity goes soon. Have a nice time!
I bow before your ability to run 14Km
Post a Comment