OK. We stopped at the Family style diner on the way to the retreat this weekend and I did order a Monte Cristo sandwich (3 pieces of french toast with swiss cheese, ham and turkey melted together) and I only ate half. Later that afternoon I was hungry and wondering if I should have eaten the whole thing. Ever notice that if you eat really high calories things sometimes you are not hungry for a long time?
Anyways... I also vowed not to eat the baked goods they offer for dessert. Normally I would eat them and sometimes two of each thing. I passed on homemade cookies, lemon squares, cupcakes, rhubarb crip with whipped cream and some other stuff. This is major for me. I die for that stuff!
I did not do my 14K long run. Two reasons: 1) My knee was really bothering me on Friday and trainer advised me not to run on the weekend. 2) It would have taken away 2.5 hours from my Scrapbooking time and I was in my groove. But really even though I brought my stuff I pretty much planned on not doing it.
I did eat a bit of junk food but only a little bit so I'm ok with that. I was really glad my sisters did not have big bags of chips to tempt me. That was good. I can only resist junk for so long. My younger sister bought a big bag of peanut m&ms on Saturday night and I did have a couple of handfuls of them. And I did have one small grab bag of chips and a chocolate and some Reese PB cups over the course of the weekend. But I figured better to indulge a little than total ban it and then go crazy when I inevitably give in. (pretty much everyone there has giant bags of chips and bulk candy everywhere you look)
Last Monday I weighed 192.6. Friday before I left for the weekend I was 189.2 and this morning I was 188.8. My goal is to be 188 next Monday (though I HATE scale goals)
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Awesome job, I KNOW how tempting the food can be at those retreats. I am glad to hear the willpower stayed when you walked through those doors. My willpower always stays at home when we go scrapbooking. Kudos!!!!!
Way to go!!!! I know how hard the temptation is at the retreat and you stuck to your goal. Yipeeee!
Post a Comment