Hello bloggers in blogland :)
I just got home from running hills with Dinograd. It was great. I felt really strong to be doing it. We are going to do a long run of 12 K this weekend. I think we only have something like 10 weeks left before the half marathon (21K).
I am feeling less overwhelmed than I was when I wrote my previous post. I am taking a new approach. Who knows how long it will last but today I made a list of 5 things that I wanted to get done and then I set about doing them. I did get sidetracked a bit but I got the stuff done except for one thing which was hobby related (scrapbooking) that I had last on the list of priorities. I'll try it again tomorrow.
Somehow having a goal of just 7 things made me feel less overwhelmed about all the stuff that I would really like to accomplish around the house. At one point I thought I should make a master list of every outstanding item and I quickly dismissed that idea. I'll just take it one day at a time!
Thanks for all your comments. You guys rock! I'm going to take some time tomorrow and make sure I comment you all back. I have been reading your blogs but not commenting for some reason.
Next week I'm flying away for 10 days. Apparently it has been raining alot where I'm going. That is a bit of a bummer because I love going there in summer to take advantage of the pools and lakes that my relatives have at their disposal.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
hey, the pictures that I post on my other blog yes sometimes they do motivate me. its kind of like a reminder. It's good to have a list. Whether it be weight related or choir related. your doing great. have a good trip when you go and a safe one.
Sure glad you have your s*%t together today. I know you feel better. Have a great weekend with the run.
That's it!! I forgot to mention that in my last comment. I am a compulsive list maker. By focusing in on just of few of your "must do" items, a lot of the stress falls away. Good for you!! :-)
re your comment on my blog....cube-land!!!!!
hmm, I suspect you and I may be vacationing near the same place! I leave next week!
The list of a few things is a friggen great idea. Nothing like crossing something off to get that feeling of accomplishment and propel you on!! I know from my sister, who is a list person extraordinaire, that having too many things on a list can be overwhelming and counter productive. One weekend we had 83 things. We did 2. Nuf said!
Post a Comment