Sunday, July 27, 2008

Sunday Long Run - 12K

Its a good thing I had my rabbit with me (Dinograd) to keep me going during today's run. We ran from Dino's house and did 12K

Quite often I was running with such effort that I could not really carry on a conversation. At one point I told her to talk both sides of the conversation and it was quite humerous. I think the ride the day before we impacting my running for sure. It also felt really hot even though we started at 8am.

According to Garmin: It took us 1 hour 33 minutes and 52 seconds to complete the 12K. The average pace was 7:49 per km (which incidentally is EXACTLY the same pace we ran last week, huh?). Garmin says I burned 918 calories.

My Heart Rate monitor says I burned 1249 calories. I don't have my average stat because I left it on during the 2K we walked to cool down (the calories went up to 1480 total including the walk)

This just goes to show you that you have to take these calories readings with a grain of salt. Each device will tell you a different thing and who knows which one is remotely accurate.

4 comments:

Sheree Rensel said...

Oh gosh. I gotta hand it to you Spark. Just the thought of trying to run a 12K is beyond my imagination. I know how I struggle with a 5K!! I doubt I will ever want to do a 12K, but I am glad there are people like you to at least put the seed of thought in my mind.
Sheree

Deborah said...

Good job on the run. Wow, 12K!

Hmmm, interesting about the calories burned on the different devices.

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

Wow, you have charts and graphs and all sorts of stuff. I guess running does not beat the IT out of a person. Regardless of what all the machine say it's clear you are working hard. Good for you.

T

sauchagirl said...

Holy Cow! You rock! That is so far and you rocked out! Awesome.