Monday, July 21, 2008

The Weigh In that Was Not

In case I did not mention it I have rebelled against weighing in front of my trainer. It was not working to scare me into losing weight. All it was doing was making me feel like more of a loser and not a good kind of loser.

Anyways I said yesterday that I would weigh in and you didn't see me rushing out this morning to post a blog about it which means...

That I suck. Oh yes, I am going to be negative here, just for one paragraph. Well, OK, I don't really suck. I just had an 'accidental' 'free' day yesterday. Accidental in that it was not planned, I had eaten pretty good for about 6 days and but then I did not say no when an Oh Henry was placed in my path at the movie theatre. Once that happened it was one of those "Well, I have already screwed that up, what the hell" and down the hatch went some popcorn and pizza and whatever else I could get my hands on. Unfortunately that carried on today so the notion of a 'free day' is really just balogne (is that how you spell balogne?).

Anyways, *sigh*, so are the Days of my life.

I took the day off excercising. Normally I have personal training today but trainer is off fishing for Salmon in BC. According to my schedule I am supposed to swim but it is 9pm, hubbie is out mountain biking and I don't feel like going swimming anyways. (Can you hear the pity party music? Let me go turn that down...)

OK. Dusting myself off. Proceeding with healthy life.

Oh, one more thing. I went to the doctor today for a minor problem (which shall remain nameless, really, i do think there is such a thing as TMI in a blog) Anyways..... He tells me a few things that will help prevent ProblemX and one of those things is of course... drum roll please.... Lose some weight! For the love of gravy! That really peaved me. I mean, you convince yourself that you are doing good, that you are pretty healthy, then good old well intentioned doctor tells you to lose some weight. *sigh*. I'm pretty sure this is what set me off on my extended free-day extravaganza. Pretty stupid.

PS. I did weigh myself today and it was a crap result given my indulgences yesterday. I'll weigh myself on Friday morning and get back to you :)

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Doctors can be a real pain in the butt sometimes (even without a hypodermic.) Did you tell him/her that you were trying to do that? Good grief.

We all slip sometimes and all we can do is put it behind us and look at today.

Heather said...

He said it in an off handed way. Just kind of deflated me you know? I need to turn that frown upside down and beat this thing! :)

angie nicholas said...

hey heather. thanks for the comment on my blog as always. I think the reason that I am feeling the way I am about comments and such on you tube is that I have been feeling down lately. there is so much going on in my head I need to sort out. oh I made a new channel to start over fresh called objectbabyweight

Sheree Rensel said...

Sparky,
I TOTALLY understand "rebellion against the scale". I won't get on the scale in front anybody!!! I even hesitate at the doctor's office, but the nurse always says it is mandatory in case the doctor has to prescribe medication. I comply, but do it backwards so I don't see the number.
Now the ironic part of all this is back when I was my NORMAL weight. I had finally got down to my goal weight. I had maintained it for over six months. I had to go to the doctor for a check up. The first thing I said to the nurse is "WEIGH ME!! WEIGH ME!!!" I was so excited because I knew how much I weighed and was PROUD of it. Soooooooo, the moral of the story is if we get to our goal weight, we can take a picture of us on the scale and hang that sucker in our living rooms!!! Let's lose the SHAME too!!! LOL LOL LOL