Wow, 6 days and no blogging? Did I do my runs? I hope so! Oh ya, I ran on Tuesday with NickieChickie and Thursday did another brick but that run was just under 4K. Tonight was supposed to be my long run but 1 mile in it started pouring buckets. I thought about quiting but then thought maybe I should know what it is like to run in wet clothes since I am doing my first triathlon next Sunday. Sooooooo.... I kept running soaking wet being pelted by rain at one point. However, my long run was not so long... only 5K. *bleh*. As for my triathlon I have not prepared one bit. It is only a sprint though so I should muddle through. I need to get my head on straight if I am going to do a half ironman next June though.
Speaking of half ironmans we traveled to one this weekend. Husband was on a team with two other guys. He did the bike portion. It was great for inspiration. Hazel was there taking names and also my old running buddy C2 was there doing great too. Going to these events really gets my inspired. But I guess not enough to run more than 5K tonight. Ha Ha!
Stats for tonight's run:
Pace/km: 7:05, 7:02, 7:12, 7:02, 8:01. I had two walking breaks in there. (I was supposed to be doing 10 & 1s). Average pace 7:17 minutes per km.
Total time: 37:20, Max HR 175, Avg HR 156. HRM says 458 cals.
Still have not decided on the fall half thing. I kind of want to be a better runner first. I know I could complete it if I wanted to but not sure if my spirit could take being a tonne slower than my PB of 2:20.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow, I did not know it was possible to actually do something that required movement in the rain. Everyone on youtube always says they could not walk because it was raining, or sometimes, they could not walk because there was the possibility of rain.
Here you are, actually running in the rain. You are amazing.
(I have heard that it is possible to sing in the rain. I think they made a movie about that)
Terry
good for you for running in the rain. I went walking for a bit the other day in the rain. its refreshing for a change. As terry says every one always uses the weather as an excuse.
your doing great keep us posted when your race is so we can cheer you on. Angie
Yea on running in the rain!! I like to run when it's sprinkling or lightly raining but if it's pouring, I don't like that at all.
You're back!! I missed you!!
My walk Sunday was in the rain. Started out just sprinkling and then started to pour. I always wanted to try that and I finished up. Didn't even use that as an excuse to quit. (as I pat myself on the back)
The only part I didn't like was shedding all the wet clothes and trying to pull of wet socks afterward. YUCK!
Post a Comment