Apparently I got the best kind of knee whack, the kind that hurts so bad that you can't walk, then hurts pretty bad for about an hour, then 10 hours later does not hurt at all. Yay!
Thursday workout: Running. 5 sets of hills. Warmup and cooldown.
I am one lucky girl. I have 3 great friends that I get to work out with and they are all tough and fun. Tonight I got to do hills with two of them and I am so glad. If they had not been there I know I would have slacked off at 3 hills but instead we all stuck together and did the prescribed 5 hills. Also if they had not been there I would not have been able to talk about bras and protein bars and body fat percentages. I love the stuff we come up with to talk about.
My heart rate hit 184 bpm on my first time up the hill and was only 178 bpm on the 5th one (you can see how I was a lot more dead on the last one than the first). I hate how noisy my breathing gets at extreme effort.
Note: 184 bpm is on the verge of chest pains. I am pretty sure that is the maximum at my advanced age (36). Really, my chest was hurting from my heart beating so hard.
We were running up a hill out of a park and on almost every trip up the hill we had to run past a different set of sedate walking couples strolling peacefully along then here I come HUFF HUFF PANT PANT DIE HUFF HUFF. I am sure they were thinking "Why are those girls running up that hill? And why does that tall one have to be so noisy on this beautiful night?"
Total running time with warmup, hills and cooldown was about 60 minutes.
Hazel has a new physio who says he thinks he can fix up her knee. I can't wait until her knee is fixed up. That will be great! Then there can be 4 of us doing crazy runs.
As far as my "Operation 20-Be-Gone" quest, I did not weigh myself but ate pretty well today. We ended up at Boston Pizza for supper because we got home late and wanted to get the kids fed fast. There is nothing safe to eat in that place except salad with no dressing and no cheese. However, I ordered pasta, cut the plate in half and pushed half to the other side of the plate. It was tasty and probably at worst 450 calories I'm guessing. I am hoping that by Monday I'll be 187 instead of 188. At this point I am not counting points or calories. I'm just winging it. Surprise, surprise.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
So glad to hear the knee isn't hurting. Yay, on the hilly run. You sound so excited to be doing that. I can not imagine being excited about running. And the comments from the sedate walking couples was probably more like, "Wow, wish we had the stamina for that kind of exercse."
Your are lucky to have workout buddies, so much easier to stay motivated with them to help push you!
Glad your knee didn't hang you up too long.
I'm crossing my fingers for some of that 20 to be gone for you (and me too)!
Good for you for trying to make BP less of a hindrance to your new plan. I know its super hard when you're out to eat. I was at "Kelsey's Restuarant" last night and only ate 1/3 of my burger and 1/2 my soup because I knew neither was "healthy" for me. Also, neither tasted particularily worth the calories.
Awesome job on the runs. James doesn't push me on mine as much as I might like. Maybe I'll make him the drill seargent next week.
so glad your knee doesn't hurt anymore...although after the pounding you gave it during that workout...haha....great job!
LOL LOL LOL
"Advanced age (36)"
Oh that is funny!!!
PLEEEEEZE!!!!!!!!!!
LOL LOL LOL LOL
I am glad your knee got better fast!!!!
:-)
P.S.
Spark, I have to hand it to you. I know it must be so difficult to eat right with your family/kids. I have no excuses at all. Shoot, when my daughter was little she only wanted to eat macaroni and cheese and Pizza Hut! Ironically, she has always been skinny as a rail.
I must say, nowadays if ended up at any kind of pizza place, I would take one look at the pizza and think "what diet???"
LOL LOL LOL
Good job trying to stay on track!
Post a Comment