Sunday, July 13, 2008

I did it!



I had the best time at my triathlon today. Well not literally. My finishing time was a little on the lame side but that that is OK.

The swim could definately have gone better. I was very excited to start and I don't know if I started swimming too fast or if it was just the wetsuit constricting my chest but I was having trouble getting my breath. Eventually I made it but I was much, much slower than I thought I would be.

That made me very determined to work super hard on the bike. I rode as fast as I could make my legs go so I'm quite proud of that. I was out there for probably 45 minutes all the while my heart rate was at about 90% of my max. Hoooweeee! Fun!

My run was *meh*. Could have been slower so I should be happy with that. All in all I had a great time and want to do another one. I am thinking of ditching the half marathon in favour of actually training for a second triathlon in August.

7 comments:

Fatinah said...

that picture is a hoot!

I'm really quite proud of you for doing it - sounds like you did well!!

Deborah said...

You ROCK!!!

The picture says it all. Tired and Happy!!

I think you've foundy your groove.

Sheree Rensel said...

Spark, Hey!! You DID it! That is what matters. Also, I can quarantee whatever your times were, they are far better than I could ever do!!
Congratulations BIG TIME!!
:-)
Sheree

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Love that picture. :)

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

I am really proud of you for picking a goal and then reaching it. It's an experience that a lot of people never seem to have in their lives.

Good for you.

Terry

angie nicholas said...

proud of you. that is something I don't think I could ever do. I know you will do awesome with the next one. Angie

sarah sundae said...

BUT YOU DID IT!!

Congrats.