So, as much as I hate making weight goals I really feel I must.
As of this morning I pretty much weighed the same as I did at New Years which is about 5 pounds more than I did before Christmas. I have been losing and gaining those particular 5 pounds for seven months apparently.
Enough of this bullshit. I need to freaking lose those 20 pounds already. What the hell is my problem anyways? Oh right, I do actually know what the problems are (lack of an eating plan, failing to journal, eating more than I need to). Duh!
Today is July 15th, 2008. I weigh 188 pounds. By December 15th 2008 I want to weigh 168 pounds. That is a wuss goal (I say wuss because of how many weeks it is, over 20) but a goal that I could easily *not* achieve. I have already proven that. I will have to make an effort if I want to get there.
Twenty pounds, be gone! You are not welcome here anymore! When those 20 are gone they have 10 more friends that should hit the road too but those 10 are more of a vanity / nice to have sort of thing. I'll worry about them later!
I'm going to call this "Operation 20-Be-Gone". Do you think a catchy title will help? Ya, I know, probably not :)
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Way to go for setting a goal and saying it out loud! Yep, it's a long time to do it but you also then need to keep it off until December for it to count!
good for you for setting a goal. I have a goal to. you should check out my website and my weight loss goals page. I broke down each amount of weight that I want to lose. like for now my goal is to be 150lbs by the end of the month. then once I reach that 145lbs by my birthday august 29 and then my final goal I want to reach by Christmas. But I will set smaller goals within the big goal to make it look not so big if that makes sense. Also trust me its not easy eating the low calories after eating such high ones for the last 9 months. but as you said I am so done with this weight. good luck Angie
I think that is a great goal. Slow and steady wins the race. You've already got the exercising down - you just need to tweak your eating. You can do this!
Great idea of setting a slow and steady goal. Much better than being unrealistic like me. Course at this point I just want to see a 2 pound drop sometime in the near future.
Good luck and we'll be keeping an eye on you.
Verbalizing your goals is the first step to achieveing them. What's your plan of attack? Are you going to break it into 4 week segments or something similar? I like to do that myself, so that I don't get bored with my routines.
A few of us are doing an 18 lbs in 18 weeks challenge. Is it wimpy? Maybe, but I know for myself, some weeks just don't show a budge on the scale no matter how 'good' I am. I figure this isn't too stressful on my body or my head.
Better to lose 'only' 20 lb in 20 weeks than none at all, right?
Right. Don't argue :)
I am right there with you Heather.
I feel bad sometimes even talking about my 25 pounds when people are trying to lose 100-200 pounds but those last pounds really want to stick around.
Good luck with this new plan. It seems very workable.
Terry
www.kettlebellguy.com
Thanks so much for all the comments. I don't always 'answer' them on the post that they come on. Usually I go to the commenter's blog and answer them there. I hope no one thinks I am ignoring them. Comments are the best part of blogging don't you think? OK, maybe that is a girl thing.
Anyways... in case anyone reads this here is what I answered to SeeBreeze:
"As for your question on my blog. I don't really have a plan per se. I am a little leary of breaking the goal down into smaller parts mainly because I have a track record of failing 'challenges'. I want to just think of the 20 pounds as the big picture and get myself there. I have been at this healthier lifestyle thing for about a year now and I know I have to change what I eat to make progress. The trick is to do it. I'm going to start with trying to eat more vegetables. Not 6 servings a day (as I previously challenged myself to) but I'm trying for 4 which is still a lot for me. I was better at the food thing when I was not working but life it is what it is!!! :)"
Spark, I could have written this blog post. I am doing the exact same thing. I AM slightly lighter than I was back in December, but I am doing the "bullshit dance" too. I am actually wondering if I really WANT to be skinny again. It seems if I really wanted it, I would do it, RIGHT??? The weirdest thing for me is I am doing the right things. HOWEVER, I do fantastic half the week and then I totally slack off the rest of the week. This is becoming a cycle. I have made goals. I have challenged myself. I have done all kinds of this and that. I am fine and then it will just take one moment to lead me astray. I too wonder why I am making this CHOICE. Yeah, B.S. I know it well.
Sheree
Post a Comment