Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Running Upgrade

Hey people!

Got another run in yesterday (Monday). This week I got upgraded to 3 sets of 6 &1s.

Running 6 minutes is a challenge. I got to run with the husband yesterday. Thankfully he jogged along with me (when I knew full well he could likely walk as fast as I was running)

At one point I was whining about how hard it was. He pointed out that if I kept it up in a few months I would be able to look back and think. "Remember when running 6 minutes was hard".

I look forward to that. Just have to keep putting in the miles in a regular fashion like I am doing now.

3 comments:

Fatinah said...

congrats on the upgrade!!

how nice that your hubby goes with you!

Heather said...

I wish he could come with me more often. Last night my mom was babysitting and I dragged him out running before going to dinner and movie.

Fatinah said...

grab a pencil.......

in a pot, cover the package of peas with water. bring to a boil for 2 minutes and let sit, covered for one hour.

chop the onion, carrot & ham into pieces. I like my bits small, so like I said, I put them in my tiny food processor.

I then put all of that (and two teaspoons of chopped garlic) into my crock pot (you can also just use a large pot). I put my crockpot on high and waited a bit till I could smell the onions. By this time, the peas were done. put them in crockpot along with 7 cups of water. cover and leave on high for 6 - 8 hours (or 10 - 12 on low). I also salt & pepper to taste.

Mmmmm.

Oh, and what movie did you see??