Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mon / Tues / Wed

Hmmm.... I am getting to be a blog slacker.

Monday: Not sure? Did I even do anything? hmmmm.... Totally drawing a blank.

Tuesday: Run day. Upgraded to 4 sets of 4 &1s. 6 year old came along on his bike and it worked out fine.

Wednesday: Biked 20 kms pulling the 4 year old on the trail-a-bike. According to my Garmin I burned 740 cals in 20.5 kms, 1 hour 28 minutes. Highlight of ride: stopping to chase tiny gophers around (the 4 year old, not me). Poor little rodents! Oh well, being prey I guess they are used to it.

Had my yearly checkup. Complained bout my sore foot (the foot that has been sore since delivering my daughter 4 years ago when I then proceeded to walk around my house a lot barebook on ceramic tiles and hardwood for the summer). Doctor said he thought it was a Morton's neuroma, and referred me to a podatrist. When I told the husband, he related astory about one of his former running buddies who developed such a thing and had to give up running forever. Nooooooooooooooooo....... Maybe there are some orthotics in my future.

Maybe I should aspire to be a cyclist not a runner. Aside from the fact that there are not fun 5K type cyclcing things to do... Ah well. I'll carry on with my beginner running plan for now.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Hm. Morton's neuroma. I think my dad had that. There's stuff they can do for it, though. I'll try to remember to ask him about it. He doesn't run, but he walks several kilometres a day with the dog.

Heather said...

Don't worry. I'm not giving up. Just whining! :) I do that a lot too. oops!

Fatinah said...

can't remember what you did Monday? check your food journal where you also note your activity! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Seriously though - have you looked at www.getfitbook.com? I am on my... 4th book - they are the very best journals.

I sure hope your foot is ok. It would be a shame is you had to choose between the two since you actually do both now....