Monday, August 31, 2009

Another Step

Still following along with the beginner running plan.

This week is the start of 2 sets of 8 &1s. It felt good to be able to run 'that long' (yes, I know some people would skoff at 8 minutes being thought of as long)

I am happy that I stuck with it this long (this is week 8). If I stick with it for a year I will be so far ahead of where I am now. Just have to conquer winter. A year from now I will be a strong runner again.

Gently, gently I go. Giving my body a chance to adjust without injury. Not worrying that I should be trying to train for a 10K or a half or doing hill repeats. Nope nope. Just working along slowly but surely, not skipping runs. Getting it done.

2 comments:

Steph said...

That sounds so....good. :)

Fatinah said...

I met my friend for a walk today and was telling her about the awesome route I found around my neighbourhood. Finally. It is nice and flat.

For so long I kept putting hills in my run and it kept turning me off of going out there. Why did I do that to myself?? Now I have this perfect route, I can work on my speed if I want to... or not. Who cares? I'm out there running.

I think it is great that you've been out doing this for 8 weeks. I can't believe it has been that long already. Way to go.