Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Going Gently

Another set of 3x6&1s done.

I am going at this running business gently. I am playing with fire running at my current weight. My joints are not pleased but have not launched a full scale revolt.

If it takes me a whole year to get up to the level of being able to *start* training for something like a half marathon then so be it. If I can make it a year without a running injury I will be victorious! I am not in a rush here. I just want to be fit again and injury free.

6 year old is at daycamp today. 4 year old is home. I wanted to run during the day before supper etc so I risked taking the 4 year old on her bike while I ran. This time she could actually keep up with me and did not throw a hissy fit 2K from the car like she did a few months ago. Yesssssssssss Freedom!

3 comments:

Fatinah said...

slow and steady wins the race!

Steph said...

:)

Angie said...

I hear a lot of parents say they feel envigorated when school starts...enjoy!