So, today was my first 26 minutes run . The first 20 was fairly easy, the next 4 was OK, then I checked my watch every 20 seconds. "Is it time yet? Is it time yet?"
I made it though. I really need to get myself stretching or I will be in trouble soon. My right hip is angry-ish in a passive agressive kind of way. By that I meant that I only know if I dig at my hip flexor muscle it is "ouchie" on my right leg and just fine on my left. This particular area has been giving me minor grief since 2003, yes the year I became a Mom. Pregnancy leaves behind a few annoying features sometimes I guess. Right hip, right foot, never quite back to 100%. Wah wah. I have two nice kids so I really should not complain.
Basically if the hip gets worse it is my own fault for not stretching etc. Will I smarten up? Hmmmm.... 50:50 chance. I'll be a tool if I don't so don't stand for my whining later if it really flares up.
Anyways... still here, still kicking.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yippee for 26
can I call you out on things? Feel free to call me out.
You're on a roll both of us self sabotage a lot. Stretch Please or have husband help couple stretch can be great. I love being stretched. take care of that hip.
so happy you're doing well.
you know, that is the one thing I like about running at the gym on the treadmill. The social pressure to stretch after is great (although deep down I know no one is watching or cares). I ALWAYS stretch after a gym run. If I'm out on the streets though.... never. I wonder if it is because I would have to stretch on hardwoods?
In any case missy - you're running up a storm - get stretching.
PS: good customer service from Future Shop - they gave warranty info to us!! woohooo!! we're still boneheads, but now we are boneheads with the hope of a fixed tv!
Post a Comment