Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wed. Run

We are on our last week of running 20 minutes straight. Next week we start going up by 2 minutes a week until we get to 30 minutes.

The nice thing about 20 minutes is that you can squeeze it in really easily. Wednesday I snuck my run in after leaving work, before getting the small unit from daycare. It meant she was there an extra half an hour but it also meant that I got my run in in the daylight. Sometimes I have to come first right?

Went with Hazel to meet her nutrition coach guy. Pondering that for myself. I do like the idea of being told what to eat (ie. given a meal plan). I think if I commited to doing that for 3 months it would set me on the right path. The thing is listening to that guy... he wasn't telling me anything that I have not read or heard over the past 2 years. I know what food I should eat. I know proper portion sizes. I know processed food is bad. However, it is fine knowing all the right things to do, it is another thing to actually do them. I think I should bite the bullet and sign up for 3 months. I know I might hate it (having to go there weekly, having to journal my food, having to face someone and fess up) but if I actually do what they say hopefully I would break the cycle of disorganized grazing that is my downfall as far as my waist goes. I really should give them a call. Stay tuned to see if I actually do make the call. Knowing me it could take months or years. Hahahaha.

3 comments:

Amber said...

I may be out to lunch (sorry for the pun) but it seems to me that a nutrition coach may be a more sensible way to go than a diet plan (but would still have the positive influence of keeping you accountable). I think it's awesome that you are thinking about it!!
Keep up the awesome work with the running. I once met a girl who never ran more than 20 min every day. Her only goal in running was to stay fit so she would run hard & fast when she felt like it and run normal when she didn't. For her, it was the key balance between fitting a run in daily and not taking too much time. Just some food for thought.

angie said...

good for you on the running am proud or you you will get the eating thing down soon enough I am still working on that. I know you will do it Angie

Fatinah said...

husband & I are contemplating going to Preventous to have our vO2max done and have a nutrition assessment done. I like the idea of someone planning out the weeks for me - that is where it falls apart for me!