Friday, January 23, 2009

Wednesday and Thursday

Ever try to swim underwater while laughing?

That is what happened to me on Wednesday night. I went to a city pool and the place was packed. There was hot tub there and it was packed with people. That struck me as odd on a Wednesday night.

Anyways I got into the second slowest lane and there were two guys in it (most often it seems to be girls doing laps). They were both wearing board shorts and not wearing goggles. Weird! Not that I expected them to wear Speedos but no goggles doing laps is kind of weird just for the fact of all the water that would be splashing on their eyeballs.

Anyways I'm swimming along and catching up to one of the two guys so he pulls over to the left of the lane and stands up. I'm swimming along with my face under water and see him get out of my way. However, when he stood up his shorts started to fall down and I get an eyeful of plumber's butt. Somehow this stikes me as hilarious and I try to swim on without drowning as I am laughing away under the water.

That was Wednesday.

One think I realized was that swimming 2 kilometers in a race is going to actually be an effort. An effort to get it done in a reasonable amount of time I mean . I swam about 1 kilometer on Wednesday and it took about half an hour. Granted I was just swimming easily along, not racing along. At that pace it would take me an hour to do the swim for my half ironman race. Yikes! I guess I can't just breeze through it. I might actually have to make an effort to train for it. Who knew? ;)

Last night's cycling class had only me, the young-fast-guy and one of the late-forties-early-fifty guys. I missed having the other 'girls' there. It was a good workout all the same though 60 second 1 leg drills sucked big time!

Anyways, today is a 'rest' day. I might get some Eliptical in if I can. On Wednesday I got an unscheduled 30 minute Eliptical in. Bonus!

4 comments:

Fatinah said...

a kilometer in 1/2 hour is a pretty good clip!

jinxxxygirl said...

Wahoo!!!!!!! Way to go girl! She's on her way!!!!!!! Deb

Deborah said...

So glad you didn't drown with all that laughing underwater. Be thankful that you didn't see something else besides plumbers butt 'cause in cold water it probably wouldn't be pretty :o)

zurplemoon said...

u crack me up
great workouts