Monday, January 26, 2009

Unplanned Swimming

My friend aka Arm-Twister began a campaign today to get me to a local pool that offers a drop in swim class. I think I received 6 - 10 emails about it at work today before I agreed to go try it out.

I must say that Arm-Twister (Hazel) was right. It was kind of cool. And dammit didn't I find myself laughing underwater again. This time I was just laughing at myself when I was doing a Breast stroke with a pull buoy (which you stick between your legs and then just let your legs float behind you and don't kick them). It just struck me as hilarious because I was swimming so ridiculously slow doing this.

Anyways. I was in a slow lane and there were some nice ladies in it that explained what the heck the teacher was writing on the white board in swimming lingo.

This means that today's run got switched to tomorrow in addition to the personal training workout that I have tomorrow. I am a regular exerciser again. Look at me go!!!

6 comments:

Deborah said...

You are swimmin' right along on the exercise. Great job. You seem to have a great enthusiasm for exercise that I don't have. Wanna share some?

Fatinah said...

I can't use those pool buyos to save my life - no pun intended! My core must not be developped enough and I can never stop myself from flipping over!! I'm so impressed that you can....look at you go indeed!!

Amber said...

Glad to see you back to your "old self" again. Instead of canceling what you were scheduled to do, you've just moved it. Way to go!! PS - If you ever want or need a swimming partner, let me know - pregnancy = buoyancy!

jinxxxygirl said...

You are doing so GREAT! You practically ooze enthusiasm! Question? My husband like to exercise in the pool. Anthing else hurts his joints etc.. and i would like to be more enthusiastic about helping him work out. He weighs almost 270 pounds but the thought of putting on a bathing suit just makes me cringe. How do you get past that or do you struggle with body image like that?? Jinx!

Hazel said...

"Look at me go." That made me laugh. Right on!

Ms. Stewart's pregnant? Wow.

angie nicholas said...

good for you. I am sick or getting sick so mine is on hold. William is sick too :(