So I wore my heart rate monitor this time at my cycling class. In 90 minutes I burned 960 calories. Wheeee! It was fun and it gets me to push myself (somewhat). It is a motivation to lose weight too. There are 8 people in the class all hooked up to computerized bike trainers and riding on their own bikes. The teacher inputs everyone's body weight into the program. You then see little icons of yourselves going across the screen as you ride. It takes into account the power you generate and your weight and then calculates how 'fast' you are going and who is ahead of each other etc. The crappy thing is that because I am the heaviest girl I am the 'slowest' based on the computer's calculations of watt per kg. Even though I generate decent power (watts) my higher weight number results in the computer calculating that I am going slower. Grrrr.... Maybe competition will help me to drop some weight. I guess I am a little bit competitive. Everyone is very nice and there is no outward competition but it is in my head.
960 freakin calories!
Baked Southwest Turkey Meatballs
18 hours ago

6 comments:
Great on the calorie burn! WooHoo!
The compitition sounds a little depressing, but maybe there's a method to that madness.
thats a lot of calories wow. I wish I could burn that in a workout. sometimes we need that extra push to get us moving in the right direction thats what i love about having a blog and being a part of the group that I am apart of. you can do it Heather. we both can. Take care Angie
Let me be clear. No one is really being competitive. Everyone is very nice and supportive. If the comparison was on pure power I am keeping up with the group. It is when they compare power per kilogram that I drop off. That is what I'm trying to get at. It is not entirely a bad thing because maybe that will help in some small way to make me eat better :)
I like the calorie burn!
wow - a calorie burn like that would keep me coming back to class for sure! Just be sure to eat properly after a class like that - don't want your body to think it is starving!
I'm too scared to even try a cycle class. I'm really very impressed.
Keep up the good work sparkles!!! lol
Post a Comment