Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fun Race

Where's Waldo? Here I am starting the race waaay in the background :)


I got to run with my friend Dinograd which was great for me because she is stronger than me and pulled me along to a better result than I would have done by myself. I think the personal training paid off because we passed a lot of people on the gentle uphill. I ended up walking twice on the steep uphill but that is because I didn't want to kill myself for the run back.

During the 8K run I burned 836 calories. My maximum heart rate was 179 and my average was 168. A good effort. Afterwards we went for supper at a 70s styled Fondue restaurant. In fact that restaurant has been there since the 70s complete with phones at the tables to call other tables. Since we were all married we didn't attempt to pick anyone up via the phones :)

This race marked day 1 of my 7 month journey towards my half iron man triathlon. Game on.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you ran this race. Excellant job on the calorie burn!

Deborah said...

Great job on the race!!!

angie nicholas said...

good job on the race I didn't know you were running one this weekend. which one are you???? Amazing calorie burn.

Unknown said...

Way to go!!!

That restaurant sounds really cool. I always thought that was a cute idea with the table phones. I've never had fondue but I really want to try it but all the restaurants around here are ridiculously expensive.

SeaBreeze said...

I'm jealous that you got to race with a friend. What was your time?

Elizabeth, Reily and Payton said...

Congrats...Good job!

Fatinah said...

I just read your time on Seabreeze's site in the comment you left her - I think you rocked it my friend!! please be kinder to yourself.

sarah sundae said...

Glad you had a good race!!