Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday

So,

Some of you perceptive people may have clued into the fact that I have not been posting much. If you were extra perceptive you would know that that means that I have not been working out or eating well.

When I think about it, my little siesta has been going on since I went East at the end of July. That is when I broke my stride. Oh no, oh no, I've got to keep on going!

Anyways, in September it got worse. Kid started school, other kid started preschool, changed my work days and then son started hockey. Also, husband has been on hiatus from working out so no positive peer pressure there.

These may sound like excuses but I am not trying to excuse myself.

I am kind of thankful that I am signed up for something that I cannot escape. Failure is not an option. I have made the road steeper for myself to be sure but I must get there. (Half Ironman Triathlon in June). The other half of me is kicking myself for signing up. Crap!!!

I feel like I am back at square one. I have lost the running fitness that I built in the summer but so be it. Thursday I start my group cycling class.

I keep toying with the idea of getting a treadmill for home. I am a little worried about getting my running training in over the nasty winter. Hmmm.... What to do, what to do!

The upside to a treadmill at home versus going to the gym is that I can do it anytime (without having to factor in childcare) and I can do it for longer than the 30 minute time limit at the gym. Am I really going to do 2 hour long runs on a treadmill though? I've never been a treadmill runner so it seems unlikely.

Anyways... No hockey tonight. No excuses not to workout. I must get something done. Schedule says I am supposed to run. And run I shall! Schedule also says 8 hills for Wednesday. WTF? Um, no I don't think so...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to keep chugging along!! That's all we can do, right? ;) Are you still making YT vids? I haven't been in the YT world for so long, I feel too out of touch to even check in. I kinda miss a lot of people, though. I am glad I still get to read up on you sometimes! :) Janelle

Terry (kettlebellguy.com) said...

Glad to see your post.

Find a crossfit gym.. That will kick your butt into action, guaranteed.

Of course, it may also kick in into the ground, as it has me several times.

T

Today's word verification is tubdcobo

Deborah said...

Yep, I was perceptive. I thought something like that might be going on. Now GET OFF YOUR RUMP and get back into those good habits! Your mind and especially your body will be happier and thankful.

angie nicholas said...

I hear ya on the food front exercise is going good. But it seems every time I go to my parents place I eat not so good, although this time I did a little better then last time. I will work on getting better at the good food eating thing if you do? I'll kick your butt if you kick mine lol

Marissa said...

I like the treadmill just do walking inclines but I cannot run on one now that I've been running outside for a couple of years. Even with a TV or music, it's just torture to me!!

Elizabeth, Reily and Payton said...

What is REALLY stressing you? Something must be bothering you for you to be falling behind? You were doing so well, try not to let it fall to far behind or you simply will get too discouraged...like me.