Friday is strength homework day.
I am considering only doing upper body and abs because making my legs sore screws with my running.
Friday would probably be a good day to swim but I seem extremely adverse to going to the pool after the kids go to bed. Hmmm.....
I will edit this post later to report on what excercise I end up doing. Doing none is not an option. My legs have recovered from personal training on Tuesday and seem OK after the cycling. Perhaps I should do strength and a run?
Update:
So I got my run in. I decided to take bus far and run 4K away from my house. I was trying to figure out how to carry my coins and had them in one of my son's plastic poke-balls. I then decided to put them in the pocket of my water bottle holder (but not take a water bottle, too heavy). Anyways, somehow in the transfer I managed to put $1.50 into my water bottle holder instead of $2.50 so at the end of my run I had to walk back! The funny thing is that the run took me 30 minutes and the walk took 45 but according to my heart rate monitor the walk burned my calories. Hmmmmmmmm....
I then took the kids to a birthday party and to make a long story short I will be doing the upper body and abs strength today either before or after taking daughter to 2 lessons. Fun times!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Damn straight you should do both.
Who with the what what?
um that is not nice. its your choice to do one or the other as long as it's something. I did strength yesterday and lifted heavier then I have in a long time on some of the exercises. the chocolate that William is holding is my favorite to he was actually grading it for me cause the other kids wanted it it was the last one. no takes candy from a baby???? your doing great Heather Keep it up have a great weekend and thanks for all the great support over this last year. Angie
Never fear. That was just my husband trying to be funny! :)
Yep, the walk would burn more calories. I did some research on it and you have to keep your heart rate in a certain range to burn calories. Above that and you only burn carbs, way above that and you burn muscle, below and you burn something else that I can't remember. I have my HRM set so that it beeps when I am too low or too high for calorie burn.
Yea for getting in your run!! How funny that you didn't take enough money for the bus and had to walk back. Well, it's not ha-ha funny but funny in a weird way.
Post a Comment